STEP 1: PICK OUT YOUR STARTER EARRINGS IN OUR SALON
Pick your favorite before you get pierced. Ear piercing is free with purchase of Sassy Gurl! Starter Kit, which includes special ear piercing earrings and ear care solution.
Ear piercing is only available with the purchase of a Sassy Gurl! pre-sterilized earrings. To ensure a safe and hygienic experience Sassy Gurl! only uses specifically designed, pre-sterilized, pre-packaged piercing earrings. We never use needles. The Starter Kit not only offers a wide selection of special earrings from which you can choose. We also sell Sassy Gurl! Ear Care Solution.
STEP 2: READ & SIGN OUR REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORMS
All customers must provide written consent to get their ears pierced, and a parent or guardian must consent in-person for customers who are minors.
Before your Sassy Gurl! specialist will pierce your ears, they will ask you to read and sign the Sassy Gurl! Ear Piercing Registry Form. Please note that all forms and signatures must be completed in the salon. A parent or legal guardian must accompany a minor to Sassy Gurl! salon at the time of an ear piercing.
STEP 3: PLEASE CALL TO BOOK A 30 MINUTE APPOINTMENT @ 403.807.0604
Sassy Gurl! Ear Piercing Specialists have received required training to pierce your ears. Once you’ve completed the Registry, the Specialist will wear single-use, disposable gloves and first clean the surface of your ears with a disinfectant solution swab. They will then pierce your ear with a Professional Piercing System. This system consists of an instrument that creates minimal discomfort and ensures the right amount of pressure is carefully applied to effectively pierce the ear and insert the ear-piercing earring. The Specialist will clean the ear-piercing instrument before and after each use.
STEP 4: KEEP IT CLEAN!
Learn how to take care of your new piercing – cleaning is a priority!
One of the most important parts of getting your ears pierced is the aftercare. In order to obtain the best results, please follow these essential steps:
1. Thoroughly clean hands with an antibacterial soap prior to any contact with your newly pierced ears. DO NOT remove ear-piercing earrings. DO NOT handle your ears or your ear piercing earrings unnecessarily.
2. Cleanse the front and back of your ears 3 times a day by liberally applying Sassy Gurl! Ear Care Solution with a saturated cotton ball or cotton swab, without removing the ear piercing earrings. With each cleaning, gently slide the ear piercing earrings back and forth in your ear so the solution will go inside the piercing. Then gently rotate the ear piercing earrings a partial turn, both forwards and backwards, 2-3 times.
EAR LOBE PIERCINGS: Leave ear piercing earrings in your ear for at least 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, the ear piercing earrings can be removed and other post type earrings can be inserted. Post earrings must be worn at all times for the first 6 months to ensure that your ear piercing will remain the proper size.
Please ask your Sassy Gurl! Specialist if you have any questions!
STEP 5: TROUBLESHOOT
Identify potential problems such as irritation and redness early. Here are some common signs to look for…
After your ear piercing, be sure to:
1. Keep hair, hairspray, soap, shampoo, cosmetics, perfumes or other similar types of preparations away from your newly pierced ears.
2. After shampooing, exercising, swimming, hot tubs, saunas or use of any of the above products, cleanse your ears with the Sassy Gurl! Ear Care Solution.
3. Take extra care when putting on or removing clothing, brushing hair, sleeping, talking on the phone or wearing headphone/headsets so that newly pierced ears do not get irritated.
4. Ear piercing earrings that are too tight can cause embedding’s and infection.
An embedded piercing looks like the earring is beginning to disappear into the ear and the surrounding area is swollen and red. Always ensure that the clutch back is correctly situated along the post at the safety notch. The clutch back should never be pushed up along the post causing the lobe to be squeezed between the front and back of the earring.
Each time you cleanse the ear piercing area check for any signs of embedding, swelling, infection, discharge or redness. Should any of these conditions appear immediately consult your physician.
Pain, redness or swelling that exists for more than 24 hours after a piercing is NOT a normal result of ear piercing. Persistent or reoccurring redness or swelling may indicate that your body cannot tolerate a foreign object in the skin, as such you may be unable to wear pierced ears. Consult your physician.